"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus."
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "...whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
This pamphlet and associated prayer box have been placed in public by Christians, who believe that God is loving and all powerful. We believe God wants you to have an intimate and personal relationship with Him and that He has called us to participate in this process through intercessory prayer.
God knows your name and every thought. Therefore, should He call you to use this prayer box, your request can be made anonymously. We also believe He has called us to participate in His divine works as anonymous intercessors. We believe He wishes this ministry to rely totally on His blessing and to be offered as a free, unencumbered gift.
This prayer ministry is non-denominational. All prayer boxes are sponsored by intercessors who are adherents to the following beliefs:
- The Bible is the Word of God.
- There is one God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God's Son, born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life, atoned for our sins by His death on the cross, and bodily rose from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and acts as our divine intercessor. He will one day return to earth to establish God's Heavenly Kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit convinces people of their sin, regenerates, sanctifies, comforts and in-fills the hearts of believers in Jesus Christ.
- We are dependent on God for His mercy and grace. Salvation comes through faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins.
In addition, we believe that God, through Jesus Christ, will respond to all prayers:
"For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."